Start date: 26 Jul 2023
To work with the School Leaders and Head of Department, Singapore (Cambodia) International Academy Co., Ltd. (SCIA), a Cambodia registered subsidiary of SIM International Academy Pte. Ltd., The Teacher, Music, Drama and Dance is reporting to Head of Department and is responsible for:
- Instruct students in subject-specific classrooms.
- Create lesson plans; evaluate student performances; and teach using lectures, technology and hands-on learning experiences.
- Model expected behaviours to establish and maintain an orderly, disciplined classroom.
- Creating daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on Cambridge International standards in Music, Drama and Dance education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviours.
- Delivering high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
- Differentiating lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
- Evaluating student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
- Maintaining a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modelling expected behaviours and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviours that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
- Communicating with parents regarding student progress, potential and behaviours periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent and teacher conferences.
- Improving skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
- Performing other functions as necessary or assigned by Supervisors / Heads of Division.
- Assisting Supervisors / Heads of Division in any projects or tasks in relation to company goals and objectives.
- Participating in all School-wide events.
- Academic Education / Training / Experience
- Degree in related majors from an internationally recognised university.
- Teaching certification from a recognised institution.
- Teaching certification with practicum or teaching experience will be an advantage.
- Competent in Information Technology for use in Teaching and Learning, as well as data analysis
- Strong knowledge in curriculum, pedagogy and assessments.
- Experience in teaching in an international setting is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in education institutions.
- Knowledge of Math using Singapore and/or Cambridge curriculum.
- Experience in teaching in an international setting, as well as managing a department in school, is an advantage.
- Personal Attributes
- Strong passion in education with the ability to inspire students
- Willing to be stationed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Willing to work flexibly in dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability in leadership, networking, teamwork, and problem-solving
- Meticulous, analytical and self-driven
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently, as well as in collaboration with others
- Ability to “think outside the box” in identifying problems and implementing solutions
- Works well under pressure, well organised and with strong attention to details
- Ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines
Human Resource Management
Teaching Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline: (855) 61 777 808