- Instruct students in subject-specific classrooms.
- Creating daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on National, Local and School standards in Khmer Language education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviours.
- Delivering high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
- Differentiating lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, Khmer proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
- Evaluating student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
- Maintaining a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modelling expected behaviours and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviours that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
- Communicating with parents regarding student progress, potential and behaviours periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent and teacher conferences.
- Improving skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
(a) Academic Education / Training / Experience
- Degree in Khmer Language or relevant majors in recognised university.
- Teaching certification from a recognised institution.
- Competent in Information Technology for use in Teaching and Learning, as well as data analysis
- Strong knowledge in curriculum, pedagogy and assessments.
- Experience in teaching in an international setting is an advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in education institutions.
- Knowledge of national and local standards and curriculum.
- Experience in teaching in an international setting, as well as managing a department in school, is an advantage.
(b) Personal Attributes
- Strong passion in education with the ability to inspire students
- Willing to be stationed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Willing to work flexibly in dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability in leadership, networking, teamwork, and problem-solving
- Meticulous, analytical and self-driven
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently, as well as in collaboration with others
- Ability to “think outside the box” in identifying problems and implementing solutions
- Works well under pressure, well organised and with strong attention to details
- Ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines
Human Resource Division
Academic Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline: (855) 61 777 808