The purpose of a Teacher, Early Childhood Education is to instruct students in subject-specific classrooms. They create lesson plans; evaluate student performances; and teach using lectures, technology and hands-on learning experiences. They also model expected behaviours to establish and maintain an orderly, disciplined classroom.
The Teacher, Early Childhood Education is reporting to Head of Department, Early Childhood Education and is responsible for:
- Creating daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on Cambridge International standards in Early Childhood Education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviours.
- Delivering high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
- Differentiating lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
- Evaluating student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
- Maintaining a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modelling expected behaviours and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviours that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
- Communicating with parents regarding student progress, potential and behaviours periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent and teacher conferences.
- Improving skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
- Performing other functions as necessary or assigned by Supervisors / Heads of Division.
- Assisting Supervisors / Heads of Division in any projects or tasks in relation to company goals and objectives.
- Participating in all School-wide events.
- Academic Education / Training / Experience
- Degree in related Early Childhood Education majors from an internationally recognised university.
- Teaching certification from a recognised institution.
- Competent in Information Technology for use in Teaching and Learning, as well as data analysis
- Strong knowledge in curriculum, pedagogy and assessments.
- Experience in teaching in an international setting is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in education institutions.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education using Singapore and/or Cambridge curriculum.
- Experience in teaching in an international setting, as well as managing a department in school, is an advantage.
- Personal Attributes
- Strong passion in education with the ability to inspire students
- Willing to be stationed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Willing to work flexibly in dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability in leadership, networking, teamwork, and problem-solving
- Meticulous, analytical and self-driven
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently, as well as in collaboration with others
- Ability to “think outside the box” in identifying problems and implementing solutions
- Works well under pressure, well organised and with strong attention to details
- Ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines
Human Resource Management
Teaching Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline: (855) 61 777 808